Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default What does the double dash or "--" do when using it in a function? (and other questions)

Write a macro to do it.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"CanoAko" wrote in message
oups.com...

Bob Phillips wrote:
Why not?

Well, because it wouldn't save me any time if I had to do it for each
new account we had to set up. It would be easier to manually look it
up on the table. It isn't really scalable to how the sheet will be
used. Eventually we could have thousands and that is just not going to
work, even though I actually could write a macro to do it. I'm sure
there must be a way to do it with a formula in the Data Validation
window.