Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default text boxes that label axes in line/scatter graphs

Hi,

The only way to length chart textboxes is with more text. But at some
point more text will cause the content to wrap. The charts textboxes do
not have the ability to be sized manually even though the bounding box
and grab handles would suggest otherwise.

Try adding a few spaces or even non-breaking spaces ALT+0160 (Numpad)

Cheers
Andy

Peg wrote:
I tried to use "SAT-M" as y-axis label, but "M" was cut off (actually went to
second line that could not be seen). I tried every trick I know to lengthen
the text box, to fit label on one line.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info