Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Formula result as real empty/blank cell

In the downstream formulas where you are getting #VALUE errors, either use
ISERR() or ISERROR() just as you used ISNA() in the first one. That will
handle those cases for you.

"Excelerate-nl" wrote:

How can I get a formula result to be an actual empty cell (usually when using
the IF function). I know that "" of NA() is an option to get a Blank cell,
but this results in errors when the result of this formula is used in another
function.

Example: IF(isblank(a1);"";A1*B1). If A1 does not contain a value I would
like the formula to result in an EMPTY (or Blank) result. Now I have used ""
which gives no visible result in the formula cell, but when I multiply this
formula result with another value it will result in #VALUE!

It seems to be one of the shortcommings of Excel!?

Regards JB