Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Formula result as real empty/blank cell

"Excelerate-nl" wrote:
How can I get a formula result to be an actual empty cell (usually when using
the IF function)...

Don't think this is possible

Example: IF(isblank(a1);"";A1*B1). If A1 does not contain a value I would
like the formula to result in an EMPTY (or Blank) result. Now I have used ""
which gives no visible result in the formula cell, but when I multiply this
formula result with another value it will result in #VALUE!

Instead of using =IF(isblank(a1);"";A1*B1)

Perhaps putting it as: =IF(A1="";"";A1*B1)
would suffice
--
Max
Singapore