Big Tony

I am getting a run-time error '1004'. Application_defined or Object-defined
error. Here is the modified code.
Debugger points to the Selection.SortKey1 statement. I guess I nedd lessons
on understanding what the debugger is trying to tell me.

Sub SortCombo()
' This works on all worksheets
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim ws As Worksheet
ws.Select
Range("G1").Select
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("G2"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:= _
xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, _
Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
DataOption1:=xlSortNormal
Next ws
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

" wrote:

hi again
this macro sort column A only
range("A1").select = go to A1
range("A1:A245").sort = sort this range only
it looks like it is sort combo box contents all though i
can imagine a combo box range on every sheet that is that
big. odd.
anyway, column 8 is H so in your macro change the line
Range("A1:A245").Sort Key1:=Range("A2") to
Selection.sort Key1:=Range("H2")
that you make it work
it should sort all sheet in your file by column H.
good luck