Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Xavier Xavier is offline

Default Problem increasing .PlotArea.Height value

Hello,

I do have some vba code that draws a chart and that resizes the chart so
that it fits exactly to predefined (width and length) values. I do have an
issue with the following code:

Do While .PlotArea.InsideHeight < 496
.PlotArea.Height = .PlotArea.Height + 1
Loop

Since I can't set .PlotArea.InsideHeight directly, I increase
..PlotArea.height until .PlotArea.InsideHeight reaches the predefined value.
The issue that I am having is the following:

on my developement PC, the code works fine with my default printer (HP
LaserJet 1010). When I run the code on a different PC (using a Xerox
printer) the loop, keeps looping, and .PlotArea.Height remains at some value
and does not increase even if it keeps executing the increment line. On this
same PC, if I change the default printer to a HP LaserJet 4L, the code works
fine. The default page for both printers is set to A4.

I tried to run the code on yet a different PC, using the same printers, and
there it loops indefinitely regardless of the default printer.

I wonder if someone could tell me which parameter (printers, regional
settings,...) might influence the behavior of this code ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Xavier