Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff Biff is offline

Default Advancing formula

Hi!

To increment the formula reference: (I assume you're copying DOWN, not
across)

=INDEX(Barker!Z$11:Z$100,(ROWS($1:1)-1)*7+1)

Adjust for the end of the range as needed.

Also can you rename part of a formula across a range of cells so that
Barker is replaced by Ball. In other words =Barker!Z11 becomes
=Ball!Z11 etc...

Use EditReplace for that.

Biff

"spankydata" wrote
in message ...

Hi
When I write a formula for a cell and the click and drag to adjacent
cells, excel advances the formula in a certain manner. I am using
person's names. For example =Barker!Z11 becomes =Barker!Z12 in the next
cell. Is there anyway of making excel advance the formula in a certain
way? In this case I want it to advance by 7 so the formula for adjacent
cells reads =Barker!Z18 and =Barker!Z25 and then =Barker!Z32 and so on?
Also can you rename part of a formula across a range of cells so that
Barker is replaced by Ball. In other words =Barker!Z11 becomes
=Ball!Z11 etc...
thanks
Steve

--