Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
les8 les8 is offline

Default CONVERT DATES FROM EUROPEAN FORMAT TO US FORMAT

Ron,
Nothing changed. I think the dates are values, not text.

les8

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:

Select the range of "dates"

From the Excel main menu:
<data<text to column
Check: Fixed width..........Click the [next] button
Click the [next] button
Check: Date (in the upper right and select DMY from the dropdown list
Click the [Finish] button

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"les8" wrote:

Ron,

The date shows as 22/4/05 (this is what is in the cell for April 22),
I need tis to be 4/22/05 or 04/22/2005 or 4/22/2005 - anything where the
month is first.
There appears to be no consistency in the format.
Some months are one digit and some are 2,
Some years are two digits and some are 4,
The days are either one or two digits.

8/7/2005
29/07/05
5/8/2005
22/04/05
21/10/05
3/11/2005
4/11/2005
22/11/05
22/12/05
Thanks,
les8

Ron,

the dates are in date format,

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Can you describe the values a little more?

Are they actual dates, that Excel displays, but the months and days are
transposed?
Where Dec 31 does not display as a date:
31/12/2006 would be a text entry, but
Dec 3rd would be 03/12/2006 and display as March 3rd.

Are they in some numeric or text format:
31122006 ?
31/12/2006 ?

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"les8" wrote:

I have a list of invoice dates where the day is first and the month is
second, and the year is third. I need to convert to the US format of month
first, day second and year third. Any suggestions are most appreciated.
Thanks.