Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Merritt Merritt is offline

Default What does this mean ='FY04'!H9

I am continuing a worksheet that someone else createdIt has columns for
fiscal years 1993 throu 2004. I have added a column for 2005. Antoher
column contains the current year information in dollars, the column for 2005
is based on formulas which I understand. However, in the previous year
columns, the cells contain a formula similar to this ='FY04'!H9. I'm
thinking that it has something to do with freezing the cells so that when I
enter the current year dollars, the prior year cells don't change. When I
put a similar formula into last years cells, I get an invalid address error
message. I've never seen the above formula before and it's not listed on the
"About Calculation Operators" page.