Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] brett.kaplan@gmail.com is offline

Default Custom Format for User Defined Function

By the way, I forgot to mention that the reason I'm using a UDF is
because when I made a custom format "d-mmm & d-mmm", I can only select
1 cell, so I wanted it to be like Window(Arg1,Arg2) and just pop it in
that format.

Thanks!

wrote:
Hi,

I am making my first attempt at a custom function and am having some
trouble. I have two columns with dates with the format 8-Feb and
12-Jun as an example. The 8 and 12 are actually the year, but Excel is
recognizing it as the day. That's fine, because I just need it as a
display thing. What I want to do is create a format that will show me
"8-Feb - 12-Jun". When I do it A1&" - "&A2, I get the serial number of
the dates (the wrong dates because again, Excel reads the numbers as
the day and appends 2006 as the year).

So, I am trying to create a user function called Window. How would I
go about creating this user function so that it comes out in the right
format?

Or, can I simply make a custom format in the Format Cells screen that
will do the trick?

Thanks!

Brett