Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alex Simpson Alex Simpson is offline

Default change row colour when a value is given in a cell

Hi, thank you very much for the information on conditional formatting. I did
everything exactly as you said but the cells dont change colour when i put in
a value or leave it blank it makes no difference.

Thanks,

Alex

"Duke Carey" wrote:

Conditional formatting is your friend

Say you want the entire row to change color (colour) if there is an entry in
column A. First, select all the rows you want to format this way, keeping
row 1 active. Then use FormatConditional Formatting.

In the dialog box that appears, select Formula is and then type in

=not(isblank($a1))

then click on the Format button, select the Patterns tab, and choose the
color you want to use. OK your way back out to the spreadsheet and try
entering values in column A

"Alex Simpson" wrote:

Hi,

I dont have that great knowledge in Excel but i wanted to try and run a
macro in an IF formula but realised that was not possible. I have now got a
formula that gives a value in a cell when i want the whole row to turn to
red, but im not sure how i can get a macro that will change the whole row to
red when that cell shows a value. Can anyone help on this matter?

Thanks in advance,

Alex