Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default auto sum in lower right corner does not appear when I highligh

Make sure that the statusbar is visible
tools|Options|view tab|check statusbar

And then select at least two cells with numbers in them.

Do you see the sum?

If you see some other function, then rightclick on that statusbar and choose
Sum.

Karly Wai wrote:

I had the same problem as the frustrated financial person but the ready bar
has disappeared on my excel sheet as well. I cant seem to raise it using the
arrow. What can I do to get auto sum back?

"gjcase" wrote:

Right-click the bar in the lower rh corner where the sum used to appear
(actually you can click anywhere to the right of the "Ready"). Select
SUM from the drp-down list. Note you have several other options to
choose from.

---Glenn

--
gjcase