Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
L. Howard Kittle L. Howard Kittle is offline

Default How do I insert content of a2 into text string in b2 and so on?

Hi Allenc,

Seems you could use =Left($B$2,'however many characters & spaces') & A1 &
Right($B$2,'however many characters & spaces') and fill down as far as
needed. Then do a copy and paste special values to git rid of the
formulas.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Allenc" wrote in message
In my spreadsheet I have a number in A2 and on down in the column. In B2
have the path of the location of my image files. The path (C:\Documents
and
Settings\default\Desktop\New SOS Work Station\Images\Fishing\filename.jpg)
is
missing the image filename, which is the number in A2. The numbers in
column
A are formatted as text so that the leading "0" is kept intacked. I need
to,
somehow, insert the filename(number) into the correct location in the text
in
cell B2. Then I need to be able to have this happen on down the line of
records until the records end.
Help!!!!
Allenc