Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
jasonataylor jasonataylor is offline

Default Scientific charts: what is the best add-in or package for getting sane ones?

Jason -

I put together an example for you, available for download from
http://www.mikemiddleton.com (lower left corner of that web page).

It's an XY (Scatter) chart, using a dummy second data series for
secondary
axes. You can select each chart object and see how things are
formatted.

- Mike

Thanks Mike. I had done this a long time ago but totally forgotten
how. Now that I've downloaded your sample, I realize and recall that
one issue (aside from the annoyance of getting it setup), is that the
dummy series ranges usually have to be manually adjusted. For
instance, if you have 3 series, you need to make the one that has the
largest x range be selected if you are using the auto-range feature.
But I can definitly deal with that. It would be much, much less of a
pain than re-learning sigmaplot. Thanks.

Jason Taylor

--
jasonataylor
jasonataylor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37102