Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
paul paul is offline

Default Average of Multiple Calculations

in colc a1/b1
copy down
at bottom average(c1:c100)
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!

"pdberger" wrote:

To all --
I have two columns of numbers, and I would like to divide the 1st of each
pair by the 2nd of the pair, and get the average of those calculations. Kind
of addressing "the sum of the averages is different from the average of the
sums" issue. So my data might look like this:

A B
1 10 4
2 11 3
3 15 6

etc

If my brain works right, the average of dividing 10/4, 11/3, & 15/6 would be
2.89. Is this a number I can get with some sort of CSE formula?

Thank you in advance.