Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Data validation

Steve

If you name the list range on the other sheet or workbook(if open) then it can
be used in DV.

In the source dialog you would enter =MyList where MyList is a named range.

This goes all the way back to Excel 97 and has not changed so no fix required.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 15:41:02 -0700, dakotasteve
wrote:

Thanks Larry
I am using Excel 2002, I think what I have discovered is that the named list
range has to be on the same worksheet where the validation is occuring in
order for the validation function to work. I don't know if Excel 2003 fixed
this or not!
thx all