Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Help w/ the PROPER function

The PROPER function is used like so..........

Assume Column A is ALL CAPS

In B1 enter =PROPER(A1) to return All Caps

Copy B1 down column B or double-click on the fill handle.

Copy column B and paste specialvalueOKEsc

Delete column A

If you have a great many of these to do you could use VBA macro which would
change them all at once, in place without the formulas to get rid of later.

If you wish the macro, post back.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 13:38:19 -0400, arneson
wrote:

I have a worksheet w/ all caps & I need to change it so that the first
letter of each word is capitalized. I used Excel Help and it said to
use the PROPER function, except I can't seem to make that work. Any
help? Thanks.