Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
paul paul is offline

Default formula probles - so lost

use vlookup across as many columns as you need to display all the columns.
ie =vlookup(name,table,col2,false).In the next column
=vlookup(name,table,col3,false).In the next column
=vlookup(name,table,col4,false).
and so on
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!

"mr_ben" wrote:

Hi I'm new but have quite a good knowledge of excel...

Have you thought about pivot tables?? I know you want a formula
but....

If you have the data split in to columns ie

SequenceId, Musician, Initial, YOB, YOD & Instrument

Then have the name in the page section and the admittedly it would be a
count in the data area but you could have the rest of the data shown in
the column area.

Unfortunately I'm at work ATM and can't host pics but if you need to I
can illustrate it better when I get home......

Sorry if I didn't explain too well but sometimes it easier to point at
stuff and have a play.

HTH (a little)

--
mr_ben