Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Pivot Table Data - Troubleshoot needed

If the pivot table layout won't change, you could use the Match function
to look for an item in a range. There are examples he

If the function returns a number, the item was found.

But the GetPivotData function may be easiest to use, to test if the item
is in the pivot table. Using your example:

=IF(ISERROR(GETPIVOTDATA("Count",$A$6,"Objective", "001",
"Objective Title","External Service Management","Sub OC","CMP"))
0, GETPIVOTDATA("Count",$A$6,"Objective ","001",
"Objective Title","External Service Management","Sub OC","CMP"))

aly1cat wrote:
Also, I do not want to test the error, I just want it to look for the
item and if it is not in the pivot table, then just report it back as a
"0".

Is this possible?

--
Debra Dalgleish