Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Alan Alan is offline

Default Rename a cell

If a cell or range is named, you can change the range that name refers to by
Insert Name Define and alter the range accordingly.
However you can't change the 'name' of a named range unless you first delete
the existing named range and then define a new one.
In other words, delete the existing named ranges and create new ones.
Regards,
Alan.
"WLMPilot" wrote in message
I am sure this has a simple answer, but I can't figure it out.

I have a spreadsheet that contains 12 months worth of budgets. The upper
left corner of the spreadsheet is NAMEd according to that month/year of
the
budget, ie JAN06 - DEC06. I copied several months worth of budgets to a
new
sheet and the same NAME was copied too. I tried to rename the appropriate
cells, JANO6 renamed to JAN07 and so forth. However, I cannot get it to
take
the new name.

I have tried clicking in the box to the left of the fx window. I have
tried
via NAMEDEFINE, but cannot get the new name to take.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,