Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tim m tim m is offline

Default Counting problem - newspapers

There might be a more elegant way of doing this but this seemed to work:

for the number of bundles: =ROUNDDOWN(A1/A2,0)
for the singles: =A1-A3*60

A1 is the cell with totla numbers
A2 is the cell with papers per bundle
A3 is your rounded down formula from above
A4 is your singles formula

"Mike Saffer" wrote:

Hello again,

I would make a simple sheet showing a count of newspapers to our delivery
drivers. They are making mistakes calculating complete and partial bundles
in their head.

They are used to seeing their total newspaper count for the day expressed as
X bundles and X singles. For instance, if the diver has 2678 newspapers and
they come bundled 60 papers to each bundle, that's 44 bundles and 38 singles.

My sheet looks like this so far:

1 2678 (total papers)
2 60 (bundle count)
3 44.6333 (bundles)

I would like it to look like below but can't seem to break out the partial
bundle count (the singles) into another cell.

1 2678 (total papers)
2 60 (bundle count)
3 44 (bundles)
4 38 (singles) <~ 60 X .6333 rounded up

Does anyone has a soluotion for this one?

Much obliged,
Michael
Jacksonville, Florida

--