Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Wiley Wiley is offline

Default XL 2007 memory usage

Dave,

I have not installed it yet, but all the reading I have done notes that the
default file format is Office Open XML format. Some tests I have done shows
that an XML created by 2003 is twice the size of an XLS file. My guess is
that there is moer RMA required for the file size and for the XML processing
that is an addition to prior versions. BTW, how much mre RAM do you see it
consuming?

"Dave F" wrote:

Just curious if any other beta testers of Excel 2007 or Access 2007 have
noticed that the applications use much more RAM than their Office 2003
equivalents?