Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Data validation

I cannot replicate your problem unless I uncheck the "Show error alert etc."

Gord

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 16:52:02 -0700, dakotasteve
wrote:

Hi There
Wow, thanks for the tip on the dynamic range. I will have to try that. But
for now, for simplicity's sake, I tested this by reducing the list range in
column B to just 40 rows, b2 through b39 in worksheet 2 (this range is named
TB_Account). In the validation entry worksheet1 which selects all of column
C in worksheet 1 for data validation with a reference to the list contained
in the name range "TB_Account" in worksheet2, when I test I still get no
error message when I enter a "non-list" account number into the cell which
should require validation. Very puzzling! Anyone know why?