Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.links,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.setup,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
doctorjones_md doctorjones_md is offline

Default Opening Protected EXCEL worksheets to update linked data

I have the following code that should open all EXCEL workbooks in a
specified path, and unprotoect any password-protected worksheets to allow
for Link Updates, then close the workbook after password protecting it. For
some reason, I can't get this code to work -- any ideas?
================================
I put the following code in a general module of a sheet1 of a workbook

sub UpdateAllLinks()
Dim vLinkSources
Dim iLinkSource As Integer
Dim AnySheet As Worksheet
sPath = " C:\Documents and Settings\Shane\My Documents\Harcourt
Assessments\password"
sName = Dir(sPath & "*.xls")
do while sName < ""
set bk = Workbook.Open(sPath & sName)
For Each AnySheet In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(AnySheet.Name) _
.Unprotect Password:="mypassword"
Next
vLinkSources = ActiveWorkbook.LinkSources(xlExcelLinks)
If Not IsEmpty(vLinkSources) Then
For iLinkSource = LBound(vLinkSources) To UBound(vLinkSources)
ActiveWorkbook.UpdateLink _
vLinkSources(iLinkSource), xlExcelLinks
Next
End If
For Each AnySheet In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(AnySheet.Name) _
.Protect Password:="mypassword"
Next
bk.Close Savechanges:=True
sName = Dir()
Loop
End Sub

Then I put a command button on worksheet1 in that workbook, and added the
following code.

Private Sub CommandButton1_click()
UpdateAllLinks
End sub