Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey Duke Carey is offline

Default aligning decimal point in a column of figures in Excel

Select or highlight all of the cells with numbers, then click on the comma
icon on the toolbar. That will format all the umbers with 2 decimal places,
aligned on the decimal point

"Fonda" wrote:

I am working on an Income & Expense statement using Excel 2000 and I like my
decimal points to line for appearances (just a quirk of mine). I am having
trouble. Sometimes when I enter a figure it is lined up to the right of the
column and then the next figure could be to the right but offset by one space
so the figures aren't lined up. Is anyone having that problem? Have you found
a solution?