Michael R Middleton

Hugh -

Looks like the Exponential type of trendline. Here's a short answer:

You'll need more precision to get reliable results. So first select the
textbox on the chart, and press the Increase Decimal button numerous times
until 15 digits are displayed.

Then, on a worksheet, enter the 15-digit values, like this:

=612345.123456789*EXP(-5.10512345678901*2)

Here's some longer answers:

The Exponential type of trendline uses linear regression of log Y as the
dependent variable and X as the explanatory variable. You can obtain the
regression coefficients using the worksheet function LOGEST. And you can
obtain fitted values (e.g., for X = 2) using the GROWTH worksheet function.
See Excel's built-in Help for details, or see Chapter 15, "Simple Nonlinear
Regression," in my book "Data Analysis Using Microsoft Excel: Updated for
Office XP."

- Mike

www.mikemiddleton.com

"Hugh" wrote in message
On a graph I have the following trend line formula.
y=6E+06e to the power of -5.1056x.
If x=2 what would be the formula that I put into excel.
Thanks