Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Default Subtotal

Hmmmmmm, just as I feared, my XL97 would not record those actions.....too
bad, seemed like a good idea.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"CLR" wrote:

Sounds cool........some of "that stuff" don't take to recording too good tho
sometimes, but I'll give it a try when I get a chance........

Thanks,
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I just record a macro when I do it manually.

Since all this stuff is being created by a macro, it shouldn't be too difficult
to merge the additional code into the existing code????

CLR wrote:

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I don't like inserting additional rows--I think they cause more trouble than
they're worth.

Yeah, I hear ya Dave, and normally would agree. In my personal case I do
prefer the added rows because they can be inserted with a "pushbutton" by the
User, or automatically along with the "Subtotal macro", and are for
formatting the dataset for printout only and no further manipulation of the
dataset will be performed. My dataset is created by macro and the old one is
deleted each time a new one is generated......so the old one don't hang
around to be messed with. However, if your "row height" method could be
macroized, I would probably lean toward it for future use myself.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

--

Dave Peterson