Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
aposatsk aposatsk is offline

Default Auto-Open other file

Gord Dibben Wrote:
Another way is to save the files as a Workspace.

With both books open, FileSave Workspace.

A resume.xlw file will be created.

You can name it whatever you wish as long as you retain the XLW
format.

Open that and both books will open.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 15:35:52 -0400, aposatsk
wrote:

Upon opening my main excel file, I would like another file in the

same
folder to be opened. Is this possible?

If i use this method, the files which open afterwards are the same
files, except all "Splits" and "Frozen Panes" are gone, and some of the
sheets are zoomed to different levels than in the original. Is there any
way to fix this and retain the same format?

Also, if i edit File 1 and File 2 and save each afterwards, will my
Workspace file take into account these changes? or do i have to re-save
the workspace?

--
aposatsk
aposatsk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36709