Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default the drag feature in combining cells won't work

Assuming your last name is in A2, first name in B2 and maiden name in
C2, then enter this formula in D2:

=A2&", "&B2&" ("&C2&")"

and copy this formula down as necessary. Note that this does not check
for blanks, so if you do not have a maiden name you will have " ()" at
the end of the combined names. If all the cells are blank, you will get
" , ()"

Hope this helps.

Pete

Annxqz wrote:
I am trying to combine 3 columns. I have watched the demo and the drag
feature to get the other cells to merge won't work. I also have (brackets)
around the 3rd column and it won't show in the combined cell. Is there any
way to make it show up with the brackets? I am trying to combine last name,
first name, maiden name of women (with brackets around it) to designate
maiden name.