Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Richard J Richard J is offline

Default Difficulty in transposing

Hi Guys,

Thanks a million for the help but I'm afraid you are talking to a
beginner here.
Sorry for being a bit vague with my question.
Max, you are right, I do mean the transpose to remain dynamic to the
source data, and your tip on clearing the zero values is great to know,
but I found your example on transposing a bit hard to follow, my fault
for not giving a clear example.
What I am trying to do is follows: I have a bank account on one
sheet(called Bank Account) with category headings for each spend in a
row and have linked each months totals to another sheet(Quart Results)
where I have the 12 months broken down into 4 Quarts, here I have just
subtotaled each Quarter, then I have subtotaled each Quarter(again
linked) to get a year total.Then I divide each category by 12 to get a
month average for the year.

Now I want to transpose the category headings, which are in a row to a
column setting. No problem. But when I go to do the monthly average I
just get the #REF! message in the whole column.

Sorry if this is all a bit complicated but I would love to get it right
without having to 'frozen values' as you call them Max. I tried your
suggestion for nearly 2 hrs but couldn't figure it out, sorry.
Would love a bit more help.

Richard

--
Richard J