Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael Michael is offline

Default Links won't update unless files are actually opened

Brett,

In your linked work book, have you tried

Edit Links Update Values

HTH

Michael

"BretJacobs" wrote in message
Having a tough time working with a linked file. I created a summary
report
that links to multiple unique separate worksheets. Links will not
update
(even if all varieties of F9 are tried [shift, ctrl, etc]) unless the
individual files are open also. All files are stored on my laptop's hard
drive, and are not mapped to any network drive.

I know that is NOT the way the links are supposed to work, as I have used
links many many times before. However, is there some trick to Office 2003
that I am missing?