Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Cat Chowdy Cat Chowdy is offline

Default How to find last filled in cell in a column?

Thanks much Gord and Biff. I have been programming for some time, but have
never done much in Excel before. I was not aware that it would return the
last "less than" match if it didn't find an exact match. Also, I would have
thought all the #DIV/0!'s would have produced an error.

Thanks!
Cat

"Biff" wrote in message
Depending on what type of data is involved, some methods are better than
others.

See this for a definitive guide:

http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.LastValue.html

Biff

"Cat Chowdy" <catchowdyathotmaildotcom wrote in message
I am trying to get the last value in a column. I don't know what row that
will be in - as that can vary. How can I address the last filled in cell
in a specific column?

Thanks,
Cat