Dave Peterson

It looks like you still have a problem with either AM/PM or timezone.

Jeff Melvaine wrote:

My clock looked fine to me, but the problem was the time zone. Should be
fixed now.

"Ken Wright" wrote in message
Forget daylight saving, you're nearly a whole day out with your clock.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Jeff Melvaine" wrote in message
Hey, you're right, daylight saving doesn't end until March.

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
Please correct your system clock.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Jeff Melvaine" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2002. For my application I want to insert pictures
in
various cells, then write formulae in other cells that take different
actions based on what is in the pictures. The pictures are small
.bmp
files that I coded to represent various symbols. A worksheet function
that
takes a cell reference as argument and returns the pathname of the
.bmp
file
would be sufficient to solve my problem, but worksheet functions like
CELL
dont know anything about this.

I'm hoping the answer will not be "you can't do this because the

picture
is
not bound to the cell in a way that would support this function". (I
suppose if picture cells can be sorted there is some hope.) If it is
possible to write a VB function to do this, I'm not experienced in

such
exercises and would appreciate fairly explicit instructions for
setting
this
up.

Using a custom font to represent the symbols instead of inserting
pictures
might be a more natural way of solving the problem, but I am not au

fait
with doing this. None of the predefined fonts have the symbols that I
need,
or anything close enough to serve effectively as an approximation.

(For
those who are curious to know, the symbols in my application represent
components of a railway signalling diagram.)

Any advice appreciated. TIA.

Jeff

--

Dave Peterson