Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nekodvoru Nekodvoru is offline

Default Linking to other workbooks using "Indirect"

Use find/replace the date

"Jonathan" wrote:

Hmm... Guess that was just me spending waay too much time on that project
then. Damn!

Ok, my situation is this:

I have daily reports coming in and they are all named by date.
What I want to do is to sit with my master sheet and do an automatic check
of the figures from the day reports. This I would be doing by entering my
chosen date in my master sheet that would then collect the data from that
specific date but without having to open the daily report.

So I basically want to be able to do a conditional link dependant on my
selection of date...

Is there another way around that??

Regards from London,
Jonathan

"Marcelo" wrote:

hi Jonathan,

indirect function will works only if the linked wb is open.

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Jonathan" escreveu:

I have a problem when trying to link to other workbooks using the "Indirect"
function.

Only when the linked book is open will the formula return the linked value.
If the linked book is not open, I will get #REF as a result.

Is it not possible to link to other workbooks using "Indirect"?

Cheers,
Jonathan