Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Sumif function help

Use SUMPRODUCT instead of SUMIF, as that works fine with closed workbooks.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"vivi" wrote in message
Wondering if anyone could help me with these functions

When I use the sumif functions and offset functions on one workbook

linking
to another workbook it normally works and would give me a value. However
after I saved the workbooks and closed them down and reopen the one that
contains the functions the formulas will give me #VALUE rather than a

numeric
result until I open the workbook where the sumif data is linking to

How can I overcome this problem?

Please help

Thanks

Vivi