Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bemidji Bemidji is offline

Default Exported data pulling into another spreadsheet

Bemidji wrote:
Good afternoon,

I am tracking downtime reason codes that have time associated with each
of them by date. I export data from Microsoft Infopath to a
spreadsheet, and then need to set up a spreadsheet that sums common
downtime occurrences by date. Here is an example of what is exported
to a spreasheet:

A B

1 08-01-06 Warm-Up
15
2 08-01-06 Tooling
60
3 08-02-06 Insert
5
4 08-02-06 Breaks
15
5 08-02-06 Breaks
30
6 08-03-06 Waiting
5
7 08-03-06 Breaks
15
8 08-04-06 Lot Change
16

I want to now separate this data by date and reason codes into another
spreadsheet:

A B
C D
08-01-06 08-02-06
08-03-06 08-04-06

1 Breaks 0 45
15 0
2 Warm-Up 15 0
0 0
3 Tooling 60 0
0 0
4 Insert 0 5
0 0
5 Waiting 0 0
5 0
6 Lot Change 0 0
0 16
7
8

What would the formula be to accomplish this?

Would the following get me on the right track? =if(b1:b8=Breaks, C
Value)????

I want the 08-02-06 column to sum the occurrences of like types of
downtimes (15 + 30). I know I am missing something. Please help.
Thanks.

I am assuming I would use the =SUMIF formula, but I am still having
trouble separating by date. The layout of my post did not appear how I
typed it, there is the date, downtime reason, and minutes down, 3
separate columns, ABC.