Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Default Keeping an Excel list sorted

Here's a Change-event macro that should re-sort your data based on a change
in a cell in Column A..........

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
'Macro will re-sort column A on any change to a cell in column A
ActiveCell.Select
If ActiveCell.Column = 1 Then 'Limits macro action to column A
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A1"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
Else

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

" wrote:

I am trying to make a list that has 4 columns, one of which is a date
(that is continually updated because it is a "last time contacted"
date).

I would like to have it so that the list is continually updating and
every time I change the date on one of the rows, it is automatically
sorted without me having to click sort every time.

Anyone know how to make this happen?

Thanks.

Ben