Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dexxterr Dexxterr is offline

Default Enable check box in protected sheet + group check boxes

Hi Folks!

I have a sheet within which are all the Counties in the UK. To protect the
data from being altered, I usually unlock cells and protect sheet. I cannot
find a way to enable check boxes once the sheet is protected...!!!!!! This
seems rudimentary, so I MUST be missing something.

I want a user to be able to:

1/ tick or clear a check box to indicate whether he delivers to a certain
County whilst the sheet is protected.

2/ tick or clear a single check box to operate several others; in other
words, if a user selects ENGLAND, all the english counties are automatically
selected.

Any assistance that can be provided will be most appreciated - thank you
very much, in anticipation.

Kind regards,

Dexxterr