Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Default Difficulty in transposing

"Richard J" wrote:
My first Question is in relation to transposing. I can't seem to
transpose linked cells, is it possible at all, I have tried everything.

One way to achieve it ..

Assume source data is in Sheet1

In another sheet,
put in any starting cell, say in A2:
=INDEX(Sheet1!$1:$1,ROW(A1))
Copy down as far as required to "transpose-link" to Sheet1's A1, B1, C1, ..

If your source data in Sheet1 starts in B1 across,
use this instead in A2:
=INDEX(Sheet1!$B$1:$IV$1,ROW(A1))

To link the other way around ..
Put in any starting cell, say in E10:
=INDEX(Sheet1!$A:$A,COLUMN(A1))
Copy across as far as required to "transpose-link" to Sheet1's A1, A2, A3,

If your source data in Sheet1 starts in A2 down to say A100,
use this instead in E10:
=INDEX(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$100,COLUMN(A1))

Empty source cells, if any, will be returned as zeros. But we can maintain a
clean look in the sheet by suppressing the display of zeros through clicking:
Tools Options View tab Uncheck "Zero values" OK
--
Max
Singapore