Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] Bryan.Cook@gmail.com is offline

Default Having a pie chart ignore data fields equal to "0"

I am building a template that will be updated daily.

The template will be used ~50 times, but will be fully automatic as its
data source is dynamic.

What I need to do is set up a pie chart that will ignore cells with
values of zero.

For example, In A2:A6 I have categories.
In B2:B6, C2:C6, D2:D6, etc.... I have numerical values for a different
variable.

So for example:
X Y Z
A 5 3 7
B 0 5 1
C 1 4 2
D 9 0 6
E 2 4 0

Only that will go on for about 50 columns.

I need to build one pie chart as a template, that will show the data
for X in a pie chart, ignoring all zero values. (5,1,9,2).

And then, further I need to find a way to lock the colors.

So for example the "A" slice, if its not a 0, will always be red, the B
slice always blue, etc....

How can I go about doing this, or is it even possible?