Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paul B Paul B is offline

Default Paul B

Tonks, best to stay in the original post, word wrap may have been the
problem, see if this will work,

Sub Spell_Check()
'spell check a protected sheet
Const Password = "123" '**Change password here**
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:=Password
Cells.CheckSpelling CustomDictionary:= _
"CUSTOM.DIC", IgnoreUppercase:=False _
, AlwaysSuggest:=True
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:=Password

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Tonks" wrote in message
Hi Paul. Thanks for your reply to "Spell check" in a protected sheet. I
copied and pasted your macro directly, but errors occur. I am not

familiar
with writing codes. Would you mind revisiting my request and editing your
code input to be exactly correct so i can paste it in. Thanks for your
trouble.