Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rosie Rosie is offline

Default Excel keeps copying deleted files

Dear all

Problem solved! It turns out that the problem arose when I was multiple
selecting files to delete by holding the Ctrl or Shift key while left
clicking to select the
files. The copies are created when you fail to completely release the mouse
button before you move the pointer to another file. If a group of selected
files is dragged...even the slightest bit...the next mouse click will
produce copies
of all the previously highlighted files.

Thought you would be interested. It also applies to non-Excel applictaions -
I was getting the same problem in Jasc.

Thank you for trying to help.

Rosie

--
Rosie

"Rosie" wrote:

How do I prevent Excel making copies of files I delete? When I try to delete
the copied files, further copies are made! Any advice appreciated.
--
Rosie