Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rosie Rosie is offline

Default Excel keeps copying deleted files

Yes, the files are preceded by "copy of".

Usually I delete by right clicking on the mouse and choosing the delete
option. When I delete using the keyboard as you describe, I get the message
"are you sure you want to delete (filename)?" I don't quite understand what
you mean by holding "the mouse pointer over the delete button". Anyway, I
don't see any little yellow box popping up...
--
Rosie

"David" wrote:

?B?Um9zaWU=?= wrote

I delete them while in Excel - by clicking "open" and then when I see an
unwanted file, clicking "delete"...

Are the 'deleted' files preceded by the words "Copy of"?

What happens if you highlight them and press the Delete key on your
keyboard?

Do you see the word 'Delete' pop up in a little yellow box when you hold
your mouse pointer over the Delete button for a couple of seconds?

--
David