Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tom tom is offline

Default Mortgage Calculator

I am researching several housing options and instead of using my financial
calculator to determine payments I would like to use excel to account for the
variables to buying a home. I am sure there is an easy way to do this, but
as of yet I cannot discover it.

I have used the Fx menu and selected the PMT option. In this instance I
have simply put cell numbers in place so that Ican look at different
variables and how they would effect the mortgage payment. So far, I am off
by a factor of 100 (give or take) when I solve for PMT.

Any specific advice on what I can do in order to use excel for myevaluation
tool?