gdtatuiowa

Bernie,

I'm a newbie, but I have just spent the last hour searching for a tool to
compare workbooks when I found this recent post, and your response.

You instructed the poster to contact you privately for your compare add-in.
I do not know how to contact you privately. Your e-mail address for the
newsgroup appears to be a false address (judging by the name). Please, if
possible, send me your private contact information at my (real) e-mail
address, which is . I would like to receive, and to
try to use, your developed add-in, if at all possible.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Gregg Terrell
Applications Developer
University of Iowa
Iowa City,IA

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

If your two databases of names, etc., are sorted in a different order, then
Chip's add-in will highlight everything. For example, if you add a new item
into row 1 of a 2,000 row database, without making any other changes, then
every cell will be highlighted as having changed (that is, if they are
unique values).

I have an add-in that isn't as polished as Chip's - it requires that the two
sheets be placed into the same active workbook - but it does a database
style comparison based on a key value in a column. The end result is that
the rows can be sorted differently (although the columns must be in the same
order) and it will find true differences based on the key values. If you
want the add-in, contact me privately and I will send it to you.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"spbaechle" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet list of names, addresses, phone numbers, & e-mail
addresses that I maintain for our class reunion. The Alumni Association

has
a list that they keep on the web, but they can download it into Excel,
because that is where I got the spreadsheet in the first place. I send

them
changes when I get them, but they do not send me changes when they get

them.
I would like to be able to have the computer compare them automatically.

have had to do it manually before and it is really tedious and time
consuming. Is there a simple way to do this? I don't have much computer
experience. I have just updated the spreadheet they gave to me.