Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mulix mulix is offline

Default Troubleshooting Merge Excel to Word

Trying to merge text data (Names, Addresses, etc.) from Excel worksheets
to tables in Word document. I have 3 excel files with distinct
information. (One is the original file, the other two were created by
opening the first, modifying the information and doing a Save As --
this may be part of the problem.) When I preview/merge, the Word
document always retrieves the information from the first excel file
(although I have instructed it to link to a different file.) I have
tried creating entirely fresh Word documents with fresh fields linked
to the correct .xls file, and have also tried deleting the .xls file
with the wrong information -- yet that is still the information that
shows up in the merged document! What's going on and how can I correct
it?? If I need to create a new data source document, maybe there's a way
to transfer the text so I don't have to re-enter all of the data?

--
mulix
mulix's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36922