Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
inspiredtoo inspiredtoo is offline

Default calculate averages

You figured it out!! It is homework, sort of. An online class that make a
quantum leap from examples to homework. But then, in the real world, the
best solution is often knowing how to look for help. I had most of it, but
didn't figure out the double brackets...we hadn't covered that yet.

Thanks for your help.
Dan

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Why does this sound like homework to me?

Here's an *array* formula, using *none* of the functions you mentioned:

=AVERAGE(IF(A1:A5SMALL(A1:A5,1),A1:A5))

--
Array formulas are entered using CSE, <Ctrl <Shift <Enter, instead of the
regular <Enter, which will *automatically* enclose the formula in curly

RD

"inspiredtoo" wrote in message
How can I calculate averages automatically subtracting the lowest number in
range?
I was told to use the SUM, MIN and Count function
Thanks