Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ecctse ecctse is offline

Default How to Add Restrictions to ComboBox...???

You may use the following:

If cboX.MatchFound = False Then
MsgBox "Please choose from the list"
End If

The online help in VBA provide a good example.

Cheers,

"Balazee" wrote:

Can anyone help me wih this..

Balazee wrote:
Hi Paul,

I'm trying to restrict user to selection available in the combobox.
For
example: if the dropdown selection has options A,B,C,D...Then the user
should be able to access only these selections. I have created a
userform on the VBA.........

Thanks for the help

Balazeee

Paul Mathews wrote:
Balazee, what is it that you are attempting to restrict your users access to?
Data in a sheet other than the one the combo box is on? Is your combo box a
Forms control in a worksheet or a control on a VBA form? Might be worthwhile
to provide a bit more detail so that we can figure out how to help.

"Balazee" wrote:

Hello,

I'm relatively new to VBA.

My problem is I have created a combo box and I want the user to be
restricted to the drop down selection only.

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks...

Balaji..