Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MLK MLK is offline

Default Help please... Simple calculation - with unexpected results

I am getting unexpected results from a simple multiplication formula. Column
A contains rates, Column B contains billing discounts and Col C calculates
the billing $.

For example: Col A = 100, Col B = .44 and Column C calculation is: a2*(
50*37.5*0.85)*b2
Both Column B and C display only 2 decimals.

The answer that comes out is $70,492.79 but I'm expecting $70,125. It
appears to be calculating at 7 decimal places but should only be calculating
at 2. When I enter the actuals numbers into a function (100*1593.75*.44)
the answers comes out right (70,125).

Am I missing something basic? I have done a ton of formulas but have not
come across this before.