Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default how to get formula content of a cell?

The bug was fixed so it wouldn't crash but I believe you can't copy the
formula to another sheet

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com

"Ragdyer" wrote in message
From XL02 forward, the bug was fixed.

I've used it in past versions, although not on any WB that was put on the
LAN.

Can never trust users to listen to, and follow instructions, especially
pertaining to fatal consequences.

In fact, I've suggested it's use in a post just today, but prefixed it
with the caveat of pre-XL02 usage.

RD

"Kevin Vaughn" wrote in message
I'm glad I qualified my answer. However, I believe that there is a
potential
problem with this solution. I tested it and it did work, however, this
is
probably a function leftover from Excel's previous macro language (the
name
of which escapes me, something like xmla,) which I have read can cause (I
believe) a crash if copied to other worksheets in certain versions of
Excel
(something like that.) If someone reads this and knows the exact
scenario,
hopefully they'll respond with the specifics.
--
Kevin Vaughn

"Beege" wrote:

Muster,

Found this, too... and no VBA

http://www.mcse.ms/archive144-2005-5-1637686.html

Beege

"muster" wrote in message
ups.com...
For example

A1: =b2+c2, result is 5

I'd like to get "=b2+c2", not 5, without VBA.

Thank you.